The Number One Volleyball Camp, with 3 sessions provided for students from the primary to the high school level, returns to the Larry Bagwell Gymnasium! The goals of the camp have always been to provide top quality instruction in a fun, hard-working environment, at an affordable cost. This is the 19th year the former Head Coach at Pickens High, Peggy Anthony, has conducted a camp in Pickens County. Nikki Anthony is the Assistant Director.
Last year the successful camp was held at the Easley Rec for the first time and a total of ninety-nine campers attended! Even though the early registration deadline has passed, spots are still available for the 2013 camp, so get your info in asap!
- Session One, for 9th -12th Elite Players will be held June 19, 20, and 21—9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon and 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Session Two, for rising 2nd through 4th graders, will be held June 24, 25, 26, & 27, from 9 AM until Noon.
- Session Three, for rising 5th through 9th graders, will be held June 24, 25, 26, & 27, from 1:30 until 5 PM.
DOWNLOAD PDF Brochure>>>
Brochures may also be obtained from JD Sports in Pickens, Larry Bagwell Gymnasium, or by contacting Peggy Anthony at (864) 878-3981. For any updates, “Like” us on Facebook.
The Nation’s #1 Volleyball Clinic is coming to Easley, SC!
Olympic Gold Medalist and the Nation’s premier skills instructor, Pat Powers, will be at
JB Owens Recreations Facility on June 17-18(9am-4pm,9am-2pm) to present the highly successful “Over-Correction” method of skill development.
This Advanced Clinic is for Junior Players and Will Cover:
1. How to pass using backspin on the ball
2. How to acquire more power when hitting
3. How to use your peripheral vision when hitting
4. How to line up an approach to hit
5. Setters: How to time your hitters
6. Setters: How to run an offense
7. How to “snap” a ball when hitting and serving
8. Why to watch only the hitter when playing defense (important!)
9. How to develop a great float and jump serve
10 Advanced blocking techniques
11. Verbal and non-verbal communication
The three fundamentals stressed in the clinic common to all team sports are:
1. Playing the game of volleyball three seconds into the future
2. Using peripheral vision when playing
3. Reacting to bodies instead of the ball
**Competition suited for all skill levels**
**Juniors: Learn how to position yourself for a college scholarship**
**Over 1970 Participants in 2011**
What you get:
* 12 hours of the best instruction in the nation!
* Camp T-Shirt!
* 3-Page Tip Handout Sheet! Registration Fee: $140
ONLY 60 SPOTS AVAILABLE
To sign up, please visit http://www.VBClinics.Com E-mail <mailto:”Pat@VBClinics.Com”>Pat@VBClinics.Com Phone (760) 635-3994
$5 box lunch consisting of Subway sandwich chips/fruit and drink will be avaliable each day.